Sunday, June 21, 2009

Simple and Delicious Meatloaf


I really enjoy meatloaf but I had never made it so I began to experiment with different recipes I found online and the result was pretty good, I actually enjoyed it, so I would like to share it.

Ingredients:

2 pounds of lean ground beef, turkey or pork. I used beef in this recipe. I usually buy my beef whole, and I clean it and grind it in my food processor

1 medium onion
1 green or red bell pepper
1 egg-white
1/3 cup of chopped garlic
1/2 cup tomato sauce or paste
1/2 cup of mojo criollo (Spanish Marinade)
1 1/2 tablespoons of Badia complete seasoning
1 beef boulion cube (maggie or Knorr)
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup of dry white cooking wine
1/2 cup of bread crums (or cracker or matzo meal)
Approx. 1/2 cup of ketchup
Salt to your taste


Preparation:

Place the meat in a large bowl. Add the egg-white Mojo criollo (spanish marinade) complete seasoning, chopped garlic and onion, chopped red or green pepper, bread crums or equivalent, crushed beef boulion, dry cooking wine, bay leaves and salt. Mix thoroughly in the bowl kneading the mix with your hands for a better integration of the ingredients.

Let sit in the bowl covered with foil or plastic wrap for about an hour in the fridge. After that, place in a loaf mold, spread the ketchup on top of the loaf, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and bake for 1 1/2 hours.

When checking with a thermometer, make sure the meat inthe center has a temperature of 160 degrees.

Serve with steam veggies and enjoy!!!

No comments: